Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My wardrobe staples for the long weekend

We just had a gorgeous long May day weekend up here in Queensland. Though I'm still aching for cool weather, even I couldn't deny the sunshine was just glorious. So I stopped my whinging and took advantage of our sunny days to enjoy the local sites here on the sunny coast. Went to the beach, shopped at local markets, dinner at a favourite bistro and brunched like it was my last day on earth!

Here's my fashion staples and what kept me in good fashion stead for the weekend...

Brunch on Saturday needed something a little warm as it was quite early, so the Nookie Pretenders Maxi dressed down with black sandals was perfect. Plus a stripe always makes me feel more Frenchy-chic, which suited almond croissants & cappuccino's at our local French Patisserie perfectly!

This light cotton Fleur Wood Africa Tunic was perfect for the beach and a walk through the national park, thrown casually on over my Fleur Wood Petit Four Bikini with denim cut-offs. Very casual-chic and super comfy, it's also essential to cover up in our hot Queensland sun, so was great to be able to roll down the sleeves when I needed to. To accessorise, I added some wooden beads, a fedora hat (sunsmart and very cool!) and some havaiana's - the staple footwear of the coast!

Ok, stripes and Little Black Dresses are a slight obsession for me, but they are such classic wardrobe staples, you don't have to over-think what you're going to wear and they always look fabulous. So needless to say, when it was time to go out to dinner on Saturday night (lovely little Italian bistro, YUM, does fabulous vegetarian food), I reached straight for one of my new favourite LBD's - the Fleur Wood Sixteen Candles Tutu Dress. How cool is this dress, seriously? Perfect for the coast too, as it's not so over-glam that you look totally out of place (casual-chic rules the day here). I simply added some black bejewelled sandals to add a casual element, a little flower to my messy up-do and my favourite Lisa Marinucci Black Onyx Pendant and I was ready to go.

Sunday was a perfect day to shop the local markets and I had the perfect dress to wear - the Sumakhi Blue Haze Cape Dress, belted at the waist as shown here with some comfy tan thongs and my fedora hat. Super comfy, light enough to not get too hot, but just warm enough to ward off the early morning chill. I just love this dress and once home, off came the belt and it turns into a caftan-style dress - uber comfy for chillaxing in! I love a frock that has multiple looks & functions - it's a multi-tasker!

So there you go, my perfect long weekend wardrobe - all thanks to my favourite designers at Ciao Meow. And today, it's back into work (I use the term loosely) in another comfy combo...


Yes, I know, stripes again! But this Baker Boys Jersey dress is so soft I can't resist. Worn with the Nookie Zeppelin Leggings adds a bit of a rock edge and then black ballet flats completes my need for easy comfort. I'd love to add some cool ankle boots, but hey, I work from home, so clomping around in heels in your own house all day really doesn't work! So flats it is and I'm happy with that.

Feel free to share your wardrobe favourites... it's always fabulous to hear what other fashion-loving gals are wearing :o)

Happy shopping and ciao for now,
Miss Ciao Meow >^..^<

No comments:

Post a Comment