Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Shoulder detail - Ciao Meow is loving this trend


Seriously, what is not to love about this utterly cool trend? Ok, I admit, I had my doubts about the resurgance of shoulder pads (if you've lived through the 80's, you need no explanation). However, when done well, they are fierce. And I don't use that term lightly!

Take this Bless'ed are the Meek Fringed Top for a perfect example - the style of the top is kept relatively simple - soft, beautifully draped charcoal grey jersey in a long-line Tee - easy. Then add the shoulder detail - hidden shoulder pads (only little ones, nothing scary) to give that sharp-shoulder sillouhette seen on catwalks and red carpets the world over, then add some black contrast to the top and finish with fringing. Voila - we have perfection. Fringing, by the way, is one of my all time favourite embellishments, it just looks fabulous when done well.

Which is why this deceptively simple little top has become my wardrobe staple - I wear it with everything! Leggings, jeans, skirts, shorts - it's just so easy & comfy to wear and always looks stylish. And best of all, it's stretchy, so accomadates growing baby bellies like mine :o)

The secret to remember when rocking the shoulder trend is keep it simple and streamlined so that the emphasis is on the shoulders and not competing for attention with other embellishments, clashing colours or wild accessories.

Don't forget, it's available now at Ciao Meow and I hope you enjoy wearing it as much as I do!

Happy shopping and ciao for now,
Miss Ciao Meow >^..^<

No comments:

Post a Comment