Thursday, August 27, 2009

Blue - A perfect hue for Spring




Blue is such a gorgeous colour for Spring - it epitomises blue skies, warmer days and the gorgeous hue's of the ocean... hmmm, you can almost feel that warm sun and taste the salty goodness of a fresh swim! Perhaps that's why blue is such a feel-good colour - it reminds us of so many happy things and in colour psychology, it's a colour for calming and optimism. I love that! And what a fabulous way to inject some happiness into your every day, directly through your wardrobe (especially great if you're stuck in an office and there's no chance of that summery swim! doh).

Yet despite the fabulous associations to this special colour, I always thought blue didn't suit me. I always believed it was a colour exclusive to blonde's with blue eyes and gorgeous luminous skin. So me, being of the green eyed brunette with pale skin variety, always steered clear. However I have since learnt, much to my excitement, that it's all in the hue! Who knew? (No rhyme intended!)

So it seems, mid blues are much more for me (think soft chambreys & duck egg blues), while those gorgeous blonde girls look stunning in cold, crispy blues. Though really, they could pretty much get away with any blue and still look fabulous (yes ok, I'm a bit jealous). And what about those fiery flame haired stunners out there - I'd suggest you go for a more saphire, gemstone blue, even more beautiful if you've got blue eyes!

So you see, there really is a blue out there for everyone (c'mon, who hasn't got a pair of blue denim jeans or 10 in their closet?), and with so many happy associations to this gorgeous, versatile and super summery colour, how can you resist? So what are my picks for this luscious colour? My faves are the Bless'ed are the Meek Urban Safari Dress, Tali Roth's Prom Night Dress and Shona Joy's Tiki Lace Frill Dress - all available at Ciao Meow for your wearing pleasure! So go, shop, what are you waiting for? Inject some colour happy therapy into your wardrobe, this very instant!

Happy shopping and ciao for now,
Ciao Meow xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment