Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Why tops are an essential wardrobe staple

I love dresses, don't get me wrong, but I just can't wear a dress every day! I just can't, a girl needs her jeans, especially when she has numerous pairs that need regular outings. So comes the endless question - what to wear with said jeans (or cut-offs, depending on my mood!)? Thankfully, many luscious new tops have arrived for summer and I for one have ear-marked, well pretty much one of each for myself. Are all of these essential? YES of course! Just don't ask my partner - his section of the wardrobe is getting smaller by the day. Ooopsie!

So a few of my fave's from the recent arrivals, have a look-see...

  • Dew Kaftan - The divine Fleur Wood can't get it wrong in my book! This is truly a standout piece - something to throw on when you just want to feel fabulous! Wear it back with shorts for summer cool or jeans and heels for something a bit dressier.
  • Shona Joy Night Adder Trapeze Top - In a yummy peach print, it's one of my favourite colours for summer. Looks even better if you've got a golden glow (fake of course!). I love the versatility of this top - wear it loose to the buffet, belt it at the waist to add more shape or tuck it in - it really does look fabulous any way you wear it.
  • Shona Joy Night Adder Crop Top - Did you say Crop Top, I hear you ask! Yes, it's back but believe me, it's better than ever! This is just long enough to sit on the waistband of your shorts, skirt, jeans - take your pick, so it only flashes a glimpse of skin. Otherwise, wear a black singlet underneath. I love the colour and the off the shoulder look - very sexy in an 80's retro way. This top has attitude!
Bracewell Prairie Vest - So pretty! I love lace at the best of times, so when paired with a rockin 80's inspired vest, it's a dream come true! Looks great worn with a Tee and denim cut-offs for a bit of hippie luxe.
  • Bracewell Pure Spirit Cami - Ok this is a failsafe piece, something you will bring out again and again as it's just so classic and beautiful. Easily takes you from brunch, to the office, then out to drinks that night, with barely a dash of fresh lippie. That is real wardrobe talent! Love it with black.

  • Bracewell Wonderland Cami in Tea Party - A delicious mint apple green with tiny floral, I love this cami too! See, how to pick just one?? This is delightfully feminine and looks gorgeous with white or faded denim and the colour is just divine - perfect for Summer. Wear it with a blazer to the office and denim & sandals on the weekend.
There are so many more I could have included here, so be sure to check all the fabulous summer tops out HERE!

And if you need help putting your outfit together, feel free to Contact Our Resident Stylist - she would be delighted to assist!

Ciao bella!
Miss Ciao Meow xx

No comments:

Post a Comment